SCREEN TIME & MENTAL HEALTH SUMMIT
Does your child struggle with getting off screens or with tech-related mental health issues?
If so, this Screen Time & Mental Health Summit with the top experts can help! Learn how to create digital well-being for the entire family.
The Screen Time & Mental Health Summit is
Right For You if Your Kids or Teens…
- Find it hard to get off of or limit screen time
- Feel anxious, depressed, lonely, lethargic or insecure as a result of online activities
- Use screens to cope with stress, boredom or social discomfort
- Find screen activities more interesting than almost anything else
- Feel irritable or frustrated getting off of screens and want to “scratch the itch” of craving just a little bit more
- Feel low due to social comparison, body image concerns or fear of missing out
- Struggle with sleep or getting exercise
Why is it so difficult to get off of screens? Tech companies invest billions to capture your kids' and family's attention online.
YouTube, social media and video games provide kids, teens and adults with an endless bag of brain candy with technology designed to keep you engaged, needing to “scratch the itch” just a little longer. As a result, kids can get hooked, negotiate for more screen time, lose interest in other things and wind up in bottomless digital rabbit holes, creating unwanted stress in the family and mental health issues. Learn how to help your kids and family use tech in healthy ways that support, not undermine, living your best social, emotional and cognitive life.
It IS possible to reset your child and family's screen use so you can move beyond:
- Family conflict about screen time
- Shame around wasted time
- Mental health impacts
That’s why we've invited the top experts at the intersection of technology, mental health and child development, to learn how to protect your family's brains from getting hooked online, resulting in more craving and less well-being. You and your kids deserve happiness, productivity, better mental and physical health, social connection and creativity. Learn how to set your child up for a healthy digital life that supports their well-being.
Kids' and Teens' Alarming Responses When We Asked What Their #1 Issue With Screens Is:
Nothing else is fun.
It's never enough.
I don't want to miss out.
I don't want to lose my spot in the game.
I spend too long on it.
Sometimes it's all I want to do.
Not wanting to get off screens.
Bargaining for more time.
Falling down the Youtube rabbit hole.
Staying up later than intended.
Mindlessly watching when I'm bored.
On it far too often.
I lose track of time.
Would be better if I wasn't always wanting more.
I get mad when my time is up, it's never enough.
I get irritated after getting off.
Conflict with family.
I struggle to find other things to do.
I feel left out when friends are playing and I can't.
I have too much fun playing games, I don't want to stop.
I have no other interests.
If my mom didn't set limits I would have trouble stopping.
* From the 2023 Bright & Quirky Screen Struggles survey
Reset Your Kids' Screen Use & Support Their Well-Being
These Top Experts in Technology, Mental Health and Child Development Will Show You How
Here's what we'll be covering . . .
DIFFICULTY GETTING OFF SCREENS: WHAT TO DO
Strategies for Kids' & Teens' Healthy Tech Use from the Digital Wellness Lab
Michael Rich, MD, MPH, the Mediatrician, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Director of the Digital Wellness Lab at Boston Children's Hospital
How to Play Video Games Without Getting Hooked
Alok Kanojia, MD, MPH (Dr. K), Harvard-Trained Psychiatrist, President of Healthy Gamer
How Not to Get Distracted or Hooked by Online Activities
Nir Eyal, Author of Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products and Indistractable: How to Control your Attention and Choose Your Life
The Tech Solution: Creating Healthy Habits for a Digital World
Shimi Kang, MD, Psychiatrist, Professor at The University of British Columbia and author of The Tech Solution
KIDS, SCREENS & THE MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS
Using Self-Determination to Motivate Kids to Self-Manage Screen Time
William Stixrud, PhD, Clinical Neuropsychologist and co-author of The Self-Driven Child
Raising Resilient Teens in the Digital Age: Expert Advice on Social Media & Mental Health
Jelena Kecmanovic, PhD, Clinical Psychologist
Founding Director of Arlington/DC Behavior Therapy Institute
Internet Safety Advice for Parents, from a Police Officer
Officer David Gomez, School Resource Officer (SRO) at an Idaho High School
How to Manage Screen Time, Stress and Anxiety
Renee Jain, MAPP, Founder of GoZen and Author of Superpowered: Transform Anxiety into Courage, Confidence and Resilience
How to Navigate Getting Kids Off Screens While Keeping Your Cool
Susan Stiffelman, MFT, Therapist & Author, Parenting Without Power Struggles and Parenting With Presence
SCREENS, HABITS, HACKS & SOLUTIONS
Using Neuroscience to Handle Screen-Related Behavior, Stress and Irritability
Mona Delahooke, PhD, Author of Brain Body Parenting: How to Stop Managing Behavior and Start Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids
The Self-Driven Child on Screens
Ned Johnson, Co-Author of the national best-seller The Self-Driven Child.
How Parents of Young Kids Can Make Mindful Family Screen Decisions
Christopher Willard, PsyD, Psychologist & Faculty, Harvard Medical School
Navigating the Milestones of Growing Up in a Digital Age
Dr. Devorah Heitner, Public Speaker and Author of Screenwise and Growing Up in Public
Teaching Kids How to Thrive Socially Online and Offline
Michelle Garcia Winner, CCC-SLP, Speech Language Pathologist & Founder, The Social Thinking Methodology
BRIGHT & QUIRKY KIDS AND TECHNOLOGY
The Neuroscience of Helping Neurodivergent Kids with Screen Struggles
Stuart Shanker, PhilD, Author of Self Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Successfully Engage with Life
How to Help Autistic Kids Be Healthy Gamers
Shannan Lea, Co-Founder & Collaborator, Autism from the Inside
Screen Time & ADHD: Healthy Tech Tips for Highly Distractible Kids and Teens
Elaine Taylor Klaus, CEO of Impact Parents and Author of The Essential Guide to Raising Complex Kids with ADHD, Anxiety, and More
Understanding the Effects of Gaming on Gifted Children
Mark Talaga, MA, CSS, LPC, Director, The Center for Identity Potential
THE SCIENCE OF DIGITAL & REAL LIFE WELL-BEING
How to Find More Fun and Joy, Both Online & Offline
Mike Rucker, PhD, Author of The Fun Habit
How to Break Up With Your Devices and Have More Fun
Catherine Price, Author & Founder, Screen/Life Balance
How the Harvard Longevity Study Can Influence Healthy Digital Decisions
Debbie Steinberg Kuntz, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Founder of Bright & Quirky and Host of The Screen Time & Mental Health Summit
Power-With vs Power-Over: How to Create a Low-Conflict Parent-Child Bond for Screen Success
Zach Morris, MEd, Education Specialist and Consultant, Alive at Learn
All Access Pass: What You Get
Lifetime All Access Pass
- Watch on demand / at your convenience
- Download transcripts, audio, and videos
- Exclusive Bonus 1: The Screen Reset Package ($299 value)
- Exclusive Bonus 2: The Screens, Social Skills, and Mindfulness Video Bundle ($399 value)
- Exclusive Bonus 3: The Best of Past Summits Video Bundle ($199 value)
Plus... Exclusive Bonuses to Accelerate Your Progress
The Screen Reset Package ($299 Value)
How do you take the practical strategies you learn in the summit and implement them in your daily life? With resources like these that will accelerate your progress.
- Online Activity & Well-Being Family Assessment
- The Ultimate Kids' Screen-Free Activity List
- Apps, Hacks & Strategies for Family Digital Well-Being
- The #1 Secret to Family Well-Being, Plus Activity Checklist
Video Bundle: Screens, Social Skills and Mindfulness ($199 Value)
Screen challenges often have a deeper root cause. This video bundle will help you identify and shore up root issues such as loneliness, anxiety, school engagement and emotional regulation.
- The Science of Making Friends & The Unspoken Rules of Conversation - Elizabeth Laugeson, PsyD
- How Mindfulness Can Ease Child & Teen Anxiety - Christopher Williard, PsyD
- How to Help Kids Tame Screen Time and Find Motivation for School - Michael Delman, MEd & Cifford Sussman, MD
- Masterclass: Transform Anger (and Screen Time Battles) into a Positive Catalyst for Change - Renee Jain, MAPP
The Best of Past Summits ($199 Value)
The masters are in the house! Enjoy a collection of our best-ever summit talks from the leading experts.
- Tools and Strategies for our Bright, Behaviorally-Challenged Kids - Dr. Ross Greene
- Being Bright with ADHD: What Matters Most - Dr. Ned Hallowell
- Thrivers: Why Some Bright & Quirky Kids Struggle and Others Shine - Dr. Michelle Borba
- Finding the Right Coping Skills That Kids and Teens Will Use - Janine Halloran, LMHC
- Reduce Your Child's Anxiety or OCD: The New SPACE Program for Parents of Anxious Kids - Eli Lebowitz, PhD
- Transform Anger and Yelling into Peace - Dr. Laura Markam
Learn how to harness all of the good the internet has to offer, without jeopardizing your child’s health and productivity, so they can benefit from online activities like:
- Learning in ways that expand skills and knowledge
- Connecting socially with loved ones
- Making new friends and having fun together
- Exploring creativity, making cool new things online
- Trying on new aspects of personality as a child develops
- Exploring niche interests and finding like-minded peers
- Applying knowledge learned online in offline pursuits
- Discerning trustworthy sources of information
- Learning balance and moderation
In the Screen Time & Mental Health Summit you will learn:
How to create healthy limits to avoid mental health issues and problematic internet use
Productivity tips to avoid endless scrolling and binging
How to optimize for well-being and self-actualization and not trigger anxiety or insecurities
How to minimize online risks and maximize online opportunities
How to find balance and moderation with screen use
Tips for time management and how to make empowering content choices
How to forge meaningful connections, friendships and belonging both online and offline
How to tame screen overwhelm and harness the power of your child's unique mind and creativity
I have learned more from this Summit than I have from any neuropsychologist, pediatrician, educator or counselor. I am grateful for all of the professionals who shared their knowledge and passion for these children.
-Bonnie, Summit Attendee
Absolutely loving this online summit. The best idea ever. Thank you so much for making it available to those of us on the other side of the world.
-R Grima, Summit Attendee
These sessions were so helpful and informative for both clinicians and parents. I really enjoyed the selection of speakers and even though I have been a mental health practitioner for 30 years, I learned many new concepts.
-Anonymous, Summit Attendee
I love the warmth and positive thinking throughout all the summit talks. The speakers are so inspirational and insightful. It's reassuring to know you're not alone through this challenging parenting journey.
-Anonymous, Summit Attendee
Licensed Family Therapist Debbie Steinberg Kuntz, LMFT is excited to invite you to her 6th annual Summit, gathering the top experts to help kids and families thrive. This year we'll be bringing some much-needed practical action steps to tame screen time struggles for your child and family. Debbie specializes in helping bright kids and families with focus, learning, social, emotional and/or behavioral challenges optimize their lives for thriving. She earned her BA at Middlebury College and MA in Child, Couple and Family Therapy at Antioch University. Debbie lives near Seattle with her husband and two boys.
100% Ironclad 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason within 14 days you're not satisfied with the All Access Pass, we'll refund 100% of your purchase price. There's no risk.