THE BRIGHT & QUIRKY CHILD SUMMIT
Make life better for bright kids with ADHD, Autism, Anxiety or learning differences
Join over 15,000 parents, teachers and clinicians online
March 12-16, 2020
Ease the struggle. Get expert solutions.
Your bright and quirky child CAN have a beautiful life.
Learn gems of wisdom, tools and strategies from the top experts.
Your child isn't bad, broken, or lazy, but they could be twice exceptional (2e)!
Bright and Quirky kids are also called twice exceptional or 2e because they have both advanced abilities and lagging abilities at the same time. These are two exceptions to the norm. That's why they're so complex.
Your Village of Experts is Here!
TO HELP YOUR UNIQUELY WIRED CHILD BE SUCCESSFUL, CONFIDENT & ENGAGED IN THE WORLD
Ross Greene PhD
Clinical child psychologist, founder of the Collaborative & Proactive Solutions model
Tina Payne Bryson PhD
NY Times Bestselling Author and Founder/Executive Director at The Center for Connection
Stephen W. Porges PhD
Distinguished University Scientist, Kinsey Institute, Indiana University and Professor of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina
Mona Delahooke PhD
Child Psychologist and Author
Founder and Chief Executive Officer of The MEHRIT Centre
Debbie Reber MA
Founder, Tilt Parenting
Shine On Educational Consultants
Susan Baum PhD
Director of The 2e Center at Bridges Academy
Dan Peters PhD
Psychologist and executive director of the Summit Center
Marc A. Bracket PhD
Director, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
Professor, Yale Child Study Center
Michael Delman MEd
CEO and Founder, Beyond BookSmart
Speaker, Advocate, Author and Poet
Presidential Fellow, Chapman University
Scott Barry Kaufman PhD
Linda Kreger Silverman PhD
Founder and Director, Gifted Development Center/ISAD
George Matthew McCloskey PhD
Professor, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Sanford C. Newmark MD
Clinical Professor, UC San Francisco
Head Pediatric Integrative Neurodevelopmental Program
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
Executive Director, Celebrate the Children/Profectum Foundation
Kendra Read PhD
Director of Anxiety Programs, Seattle Children's
Assistant Professor, U of W School of Medicine
Debbie Steinberg-Kuntz LMFT
Founder, Bright & Quirky
Sarah Ward MS CCC/SLP
Speech and Language Pathologist, Co-Director Cognitive Connections, LLP
Claire Wilson MA PTh
Teacher, Therapist, Author, Speaker and Founder of GROUNDED GrownUps®
Learn tools and insights in the Bright & Quirky Child Summit to help your child thrive.
Parents, are you exhausted or frustrated...
- Being unsure of how to meet your uniquely wired child's needs?
- Worrying if you're doing enough or providing the right supports?
- Feeling frustrated that you can't find professionals who 'get' your child?
- Reading parenting books that don't apply to your child?
- Navigating the many unpredictable twists and turns alone?
Find Your Tribe!
With your free registration to the Bright & Quirky Child Summit, you're invited to join the Summit Facebook Community!
Ever feel alone on the journey of raising your bright & quirky child? Your tribe is here!
In our closed Facebook group, you'll meet the Bright & Quirky coaches and parents on similar journeys.
Luck favors the prepared mind. - Louis Pasteur
What's included . . .
Day 1: How to Navigate the Bright & Quirky Journey
Talks air for free for 24 hours beginning on March 12, 2020 at 8am PST
Experts: Stephen Porges PhD, Linda Silverman PhD, LeDerick Horne, Jack Horner
- Why a child’s genius can be due to, not in spite of, their challenges
- Decode the signals to know if your child is ok or not
- How 2e kids mask their brilliance and their challenges
- Help kids realize, ‘You mean I’m not dumb?’
Day 2: How to Soothe Stress, Anxiety and Emotional Intensity
Talks air for free for 24 hours beginning on March 13 at 8am PST
Experts: Kendra Read PhD, Mona Delahooke PhD, Stuart Shanker, D.Phil, Marc A. Bracket PhD
- How to help our 2e kids who act out in school
- The one question to understand a child's motivation
- Strategies to navigate 2e anxiety
- When to become the ‘alpha’ parent when advocating
Day 3: How to Develop Focus and Executive Function Skills
Talks air for free for 24 hours beginning on March 14 at 8am PST
Experts: Sanford C. Newmark MD, Sarah Ward MS CCC/SLP, Michael Delman MEd., Seth Perler, George Matthew McCloskey PhD
- How to engage and motivate a disengaged child
- Unlock game-changing organizational skills through the power of ‘envisioning’
- Learn ‘bridging strategies’ to help kids internalize skills
- Key steps to take before considering medication
- How to build an executive function toolkit
Day 4: How to Navigate Your Child’s Education
Talks air for free for 24 hours beginning on March 15 at 8am PST
Experts: Debbie Reber MA, Claire Wilson, Susan Baum PhD, Girish Venkat, Monica Osgood
- Know when to pull a child from a school environment
- How to build a neuroscience-based parent-teacher partnership
- Spark a love of learning in 2e kids, even when homeschooling
- Navigating the 2e path on the spectrum
- Learn to identify and promote your child's strengths and interests
Day 5: How to Parent a Twice Exceptional Child
Talks air for free for 24 hours beginning on March 16 at 8am PST
Experts: Ross Greene PhD, Dan Peters PhD, Tina Payne Bryson PhD, Scott Barry Kaufman PhD.
- What it means to ‘show up’ for your kids
- Learning to solve tricky behavior issues
- What it means for your child to self-actualize
- How to leave an intentional parent 'footprint'
Find your fast track to calm and peace.
Join us for the Bright & Quirky Child Summit
Frequently Asked Questions
We will send you an email for each day of the summit, beginning March 12th 2020. If you don’t see it, please check your spam, junk, updates or promotion folders.
The talks begin each day at 8am pst (pacific standard time). Please use this link to find the start time in your local time zone: thetimezoneconverter.com
We don’t provide continuing ed credits directly, but can provide a receipt and certificate of attendance with purchase of the all access pass.
What People are Saying...
"Absolutely INCREDIBLE! Bravo for setting these fantastic speakers up and providing and avenue for busy and taxed parents to attend. I have learned so much in a few hours than I have pouring over books and visiting multiple health professionals over the past few years. I’m watching this late due to illness, blessed it was still available. Thank you so much!!!"
-Alice, 2019 Summit
"I love the positive, life affirming guidance these talks provide. These ideas and tools work for all humans 🙂 Thank you so much for pulling this together, and sharing it. This is vital and an amazing gift for our society."
-Anna, 2019 Summit
"This summit is the best online summit I have had the pleasure to attend. The caliber of expertise is amazing. The content so specific and spot on. I am a teacher of young gifted children. I am fortunate enough to teach at a progressive school who practices much of what has been said here. How wonderful to have such a rich resource for anyone who works with these amazing kids!"
-Laraine, 2019 Summit